Fifths fundraiser game - 2004: Page 1
Fifths on parade
Moonee Valley put a Fifth Eleven on the park in 2003/04 - the first time in more than 10 years that we had extended to five senior sides.
The first season back was a big success - even if it wasn't reflected in the match results.
Some key statistics include:
- 44 â Total players who played in the 5ths 2003/04.
- 30 â Total players who played their first senior game for Moonee Valley in the 2003/04 season (all grades).
- 20 â Number of first-time players who played in the 5ths.
- 16 â Number of first-time players who played ONLY in the 5ths.
- 20 â Number of players who played ALL their 2003/04 games in the 5ths.
- 18 â Number of âregularâ higher-grade players who played one or more games in the 5ths.
On March 14, 2005 - the end of the first season back, the players who had been part of the Fifths got together for a Sunday barbecue and match to help raise funds for the junior roll-out pitch we'd had to buy to enable our younger teams to play home games at Ormond Park.
A fun day was had by all.
(L-R)Â Standing - Charlie Walker, Shane Comino, Richard Cooney, Seamus Fenaughty, Drew McMurdo, Jim McKenzie, Grant McMurdo, Nigel Walker, Phill King, Tom King,Â Ben Thomas, Jesse Felle, John Talone,Â Â Michael Felle, Matt Thomas, Alan Thomas, Andrew Walker, James Clarke, Shane Frenette,Â Lucky Welivitiya.
Kneeling - Robbie Ball,Â Steven Ball, Brendan White, Ethan Clarke, Eamonn Fenaughty, Hesara Welivitiya, Tom Taylor.
Front - David Graetz.
Andrew Walker hits out.
---->>>>> Click for more 5ths Game pictures
- January 2019 (8)
- December 2018 (9)
- November 2018 (18)
- October 2018 (9)
- September 2018 (7)
- August 2018 (6)
- July 2018 (7)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (11)
- March 2018 (21)
- February 2018 (17)
- January 2018 (22)
- December 2017 (23)
- November 2017 (13)
- October 2017 (13)
- September 2017 (12)
- August 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (7)