MVCC - coaches wanted
Our progressive and forward-thinking Club requires a coach, and assistant coaches, for Season 2007/08.
We are one of the largest clubs in our region, and in 2006/07 fielded 20 senior and junior teams.
Our Club has been at the forefront of innovative practice in recent seasons, including being a forerunner in Sunday turf cricket, and in encouraging past players back to cricket.
In the past four years we have added a new senior team each season through innovative and targeted recruiting. Our Club has also been at the forefront of retaining its juniors and moving them successfully through to senior cricket.
Our Club is based at Ormond Park, Pattison St, Moonee Ponds, with secondary facilities at Debney Park in Flemington.
In Season 2006/07 we fielded:
- 2 Senior Turf sides affiliated Victorian Turf Cricket Association
1 Senior Turf side affiliated Moreland Moonee Valley Cricket Association
2 Senior Two-Day Matting sides affil. Moreland Moonee Valley Cricket Association
2 Senior One-Day Matting sides affiliated Moreland Moonee Valley Cricket Association
1 Senior One-Day Matting side affiliated North West Cricket Association
12 Junior sides – North West Cricket Association
We aim for high achievement – in 2006/07, 11 of our eligible teams played finals. Six of these
teams played in Grand Finals, for two Premierships.
We are prepared to consider either a playing or non-playing coach. The successful applicant should:
· Have played an equivalent or higher standard of cricket.
· Have the ability to develop and implement pre-season training schedules.
· Have a proven ability to train, develop, inspire and lead a club and its players to success.
· Be able to train a minimum 2 nights per week.
· Be able to provide individual coaching during training, particularly to the younger senior players.
· Assist players at all levels with the development of individual skills.
· Be able to help develop the leadership qualities of our senior list.
· Be able to assist junior coaches with practice plans.
· Ensure that players at all levels enjoy their cricket.
· Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Be prepared to embrace our club philosophy, particularly its emphasis on junior development.
Written applications stating experience and qualifications should be addressed to:
The President, MVCC, 4/218-220 Melrose Dve. Tullamarine 3043.
- or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 0405 956 185
Applications close June 7
It is a requirement of our Club Rules & Bylaws that we advertise the coach position each season
- May 2021 (6)
- April 2021 (17)
- March 2021 (22)
- February 2021 (13)
- January 2021 (19)
- December 2020 (15)
- November 2020 (22)
- October 2020 (6)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (7)
- July 2020 (4)
- June 2020 (12)
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (20)
- February 2020 (16)
- January 2020 (21)
- December 2019 (16)
- November 2019 (25)
- October 2019 (19)