NORTH WEST METROPOLITAN CRICKET ASSOCIATION:
Number to ring to see if the day or the weekend has been cancelled: 9539 4844.
Rules if the game is not called off:
As there are too many variables, which pose technical difficulties for their measurement, a guideline can be stated that when the ground temperature reaches 38°C (35°C for junior grades) or higher, play will stop and may not resume until the temperature drops below 38°C (35°C for junior grades).
All players and officials however must remain at the ground until at least 5 pm (3pm if both captains and the umpire/s agree) before play may cease for the day. The temperature is to be checked by the umpire/s (if present) or the captains every half hour by telephoning Melbourne 1196 and utilising the temperature for Melbourne Airport.
North West Metropolitan Cricket Association reserves the right to cancel a day’s play where extreme temperatures are forecast. All Clubs are therefore to monitor the NWMCA telephone number 9539 4844 for unsuitable weather to determine if the Association has abandoned play.
· The VTCA Weather Committee will when required make a decision as to whether play on a particular day is cancelled. Such information can be obtained after 10.15 am on match days by either visiting the VTCA website or calling the following phone numbers:
· Saturday Competitions – incl. those Sat fixtures played on Sunday 9517 6688
· Sunday Competitions – not including Saturday fixture games 9517 9288
· In the event of extreme weather, be it rain, heat or other conditions, clubs and umpires must check whether a decision has been made to cancel play. Where there is no current message regarding play, then players and umpires must report to grounds.
· Any weather decision as to no play regarding Saturday matches also applies to any Saturday competition matches re-scheduled to the Sunday.
· Any weather decision as to no play regarding Saturday matches will not apply to the Sunday One Day competition. There will be a separate announcement for this competition by 10.15am on Sunday.
· On a day of extreme heat, the Extreme Heat Procedure applies.
· It is the responsibility of the captains that the weather bureau be called on 1196 immediately before play is due to commence.
· If the temperature as recorded in Melbourne City is 38 degrees or more, then play shall not commence.
· Play shall not commence until the recorded temperature falls below 38 degrees.
· It is the responsibility of captains that the weather bureau be called every half hour during play; and
· If the temperature as recorded in Melbourne City is 38 degrees or more, then play shall cease.
· Play shall not recommence until the recorded temperature falls below 38 degrees.
· Any delay or interruption to play shall be treated in the usual way and the applicable match rules apply. Specifically, refer to rules regarding reduction of overs and normal conditions.
Where the captains disagree and there is no umpire then the teams remain until the temperature falls below 38 degrees, they agree or 6 pm arrives.
- December 2023 (7)
- November 2023 (7)
- October 2023 (13)
- September 2023 (8)
- August 2023 (5)
- July 2023 (6)
- May 2023 (1)
- April 2023 (9)
- March 2023 (33)
- February 2023 (35)
- January 2023 (11)
- December 2022 (9)
- November 2022 (11)
- October 2022 (25)
- September 2022 (3)
- August 2022 (13)
- July 2022 (3)
- June 2022 (1)
- May 2022 (5)
- April 2022 (15)