Applications invited for senior coach job
Moonee Valley Cricket Club
The progressive and forward-thinking Moonee Valley Cricket Club requires a coach for Season 2010/11.
Moonee Valley Cricket Club is the biggest cricket club in Victoria according to the Cricket Victoria census before the start of the 2009/10 season, when we fielded 26 senior and junior teams.
Our First and Second Elevens have won promotion to the Victorian Turf Cricket Association North Division, after both won their premierships in 2009/10.
Our Club is based at Ormond Park, Pattison St, Moonee Ponds, with secondary facilities at Debney Park in Flemington.
Experienced senior players are also invited to make inquiries about playing for our progressive and successful club in 2010/11.
In Season 2010/11 we plan to field:
4 Senior Turf sides – two of them affiliated VTCA and two with the Moreland Moonee Valley Cricket Association
2 Senior Two-Day Matting sides affil. MMVCA and North West Cricket Association
4 Senior One-Day Matting sides affiliated MMVCA and NWCA
2 Senior One-Day women’s teams affiliated Victorian Women’s Cricket Association
We have Junior sides at each age group – Under 16s, Under 14s, Under 12s, Under 10s.
We aim for high achievement – in 2009/10, 13 of our eligible teams played finals. Our top four grades all made their Grand Finals.
We are prepared to consider either a playing or non-playing coach. The successful applicant should:
• Have played an equivalent or higher standard of cricket.
• Have the ability to develop and implement pre-season training schedules.
• Have a proven ability to train, develop, inspire and lead a club and its players to success.
• Be able to run training a minimum 2 nights per week.
• Be able to provide individual coaching during training, particularly to the younger senior players.
• Assist players at all levels with the development of individual skills.
• Be able to help develop the leadership qualities of our senior list.
• Be able to assist junior coaches with practice plans.
• Ensure that players at all levels enjoy their cricket.
• Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Be prepared to embrace our club philosophy, particularly its emphasis on junior development.
Written applications stating experience and qualifications should be addressed to:
Charlie Walker, 13 Vine St, Moonee Ponds, Vic. 3039
- or emailed to email@example.com
Phone 0409 237 543
Applications close June 4.
In seeking to get our leadership team in place well before the season starts, we are also inviting applications for the job of captain of the First Eleven. Applications also close on June 4, and should be directed to Charlie Walker.
We will call for applications for captains of our other grades closer to the season - at this stage we expect to make this call in August.
- May 2021 (6)
- April 2021 (17)
- March 2021 (22)
- February 2021 (13)
- January 2021 (19)
- December 2020 (15)
- November 2020 (22)
- October 2020 (6)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (7)
- July 2020 (4)
- June 2020 (12)
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (6)
- March 2020 (20)
- February 2020 (16)
- January 2020 (21)
- December 2019 (16)
- November 2019 (25)
- October 2019 (19)